Saturday 10 September 2016

Reading Practice 2


My Unique Coworker

I have a friend named Eko. He has an unusual character. I can say he is unusual because he is from  Central Java, and he is fuzzy even he is a matured man. Sometimes, he always thinks that he is the best of all, even it is not. He gives good compliment for those whom he asks for help.
Even he is an area manager, it is okay for him to make jokes anytime. He says that he wants to look stupid sometimes even I know that he is smart. Contrarily, he looks like acting to know all for things that we don’t know well. I think he does know all regarding to his best achievement amongst us.
He keeps yelling to others for his life philosophy that he likes to save; he survives in hunger; he cares nothing for what people think about him. Recently, I am doing approach to him in order to know his work pattern. I have no idea why his selling target is always over company target. I believe even he is eerie, he has his own strengths that we don’t have.
Adopted from a real story of my business English student.

Read the paragraph and decide whether these statements are true or false.
  1. Joko is a Sundanese   T / F
  2. Joko is unusual for his origin T / F
  3. Joko has diferent point of view from any other employees in his work site T / F
  4. His attitude makes his friends uneasy T / F
  5. He talks less than do the other employees T / F
  6. He plans his work well T / F
  7. His monthly achievement is always higher than the others T / F
  8. His life philosophy makes him success T / F
  9. Never does he not make jokes in a day T / F
  10. A success person needn't have outstanding life philosophy T / F