Saturday 10 September 2016

Speaking Practice 4


HE USED TO BE MY CLOSEST ONE

Practice this dialogue with a friend.
A lady just realized that one of new employees in her office is her best friend  at college. She is confirming that to her coworker.


☻Hi Ani, where are you going?
☺Hello Tina, I am going downstairs. I am meeting an HRD personnel. His name is Mr. Pandu.
☻ Mr. Pandu? Never heard that name.
☺ Yes, he is new here
☻ Ohya? I met a new guy this morning. He looks like my old friend, Pandu.
☺ Are you sure?
☻ Yeah…one of my best friends in campus. I wanted to greet him, but I wasn’t so sure. He has grey hair, but my friend Pandu shouldn’t have any.
☺ Grey hair grows, you know?  I think, he is in your age.
☻ Really?
☺ Absolutely. He just told me that yesterday. He is married, and he has three children. All are daughters.
☻ Is he Manadonese?
☺ Yes, he is.
☻ Ooh, maybe age has changed his skin color. He has mole in his right cheek, doesn't he?
☺ Yes, he does. Big one. 
☻ Is his hobby canoeing?
☺ Absolutely.
☻ His last name must be Setiawan, mustn’t it?
☺ See...he is your friend, isn't he?
☻ Of course... He used to be my closest one in campus. He is tall. He has wavy thick hair. He is left-handed. He is Manadonese. He really likes canoeing, drinking coffee, and he smiles a lot.
☺ I am sure he is the same Pandu, then.
☻ Yes…no doubt for that.
☺ I will come by to your room and ask him to have lunch together. 
☻ Sure....go ahead. Enjoy your lunch, then.