Saturday 10 September 2016

Speaking Practice 2


Practice this dialogue with a peer.

ARE YOU NEW HERE?

A new male student just comes to a class and meets everyone. One of them is greeting him.

☻Hi.

☺Hi too. I am Indah. You are new here, aren't you?
☻ Yes. I just moved from Semarang. I am Ramdani Suhendra. Please call me Dani.
☺ Welcome to our class, Dani. I am the class leader. By the way, where do you live?
☻ l live in Jl. Pipit number 10, Depok 2.
☺ What is your phone number?
☻ My phone number is 081878865555. Could I know your phone number, Indah?
☺ Sure, it is 085778881111. Are you a Javanese?
☻ No, I am not. I used to live in Semarang, but I am Makasarese. My parents are from there.
☺ Boys usually like playing soccer or traveling or hanging out. How about you? What is your hobby?
☻ I love soccer, but it is not my hobby. I like reading and writing.
☺Cool, but I dislike them.
☻ Why don't you like them? They are flirting activities.
☺ Not for me. Would you tell me about your family? 
☻ Sure...I come from a big family. I have four siblings and I am the third one. I have three brothers and a sister.
☺ Wow! On the contrary, I am the only one in my family. I have neither a sister nor a brother. Well...l think it is the time for the next lecture. Thanks for your nice respond.  Happy to talk to you.
☻ And you, Indah.
☺ The next lecture is Speaking 1.
☻ Really? I love Speaking.
☺ Yeah, me too. There...the lecturer is coming. Talk to you again later.
☻ Bye