Saturday 10 September 2016

Speaking Practice 1

INTRODUCTION 1 
Read this slight introduction of an English teacher for several times. Then, change the italic words/phrases and practice your self introduction to interlocutor(s).

Hi, my name is Tina Indrawati. You can call me Wati. I live at Jalan Kusumawardana no.5, Jakarta. My phone number is 081556664444. I was born in Jakarta. My origin is  Makasarese. I am 26 years old. I am in my middle 20s. I am married. I work as teacher and English instructor. I work for ILP and some private courses. My job description is to plan lesson, to teach, to assess, to do report and to do class administration. My hobbies are swimming, singing, studying, working out and reading. I study in Unindra because I want to be able to master English and I want to be an English teacher someday. My life motto is “Do the best and let Allah decide the rest”.

INTRODUCTION 2
Read this slight introduction of a college student for several times. Then, change the italic words/phrases and practice your self introduction to interlocutor(s).

Hallo everybody. My name is Andi Fajar. I am twenty years old. I live at Jl. Kusumawardana no.45 Kebayoran Heights, Bintaro. My phone number is 087885551111
I am college student of ESQ Business School.  I am in my second semester now. I am major in English. My favorite lecture is Syntax. I like the way my lecturer explaining things and triggering my critical thinking in his lecture. 
I am from South Sulawesi. My father is Makasarese, but my mother is from Manado. She is Manadonese. I come from small family. I just have a younger sister. She is three years younger than me.
When I am graduated from my recent campus, I will seek a good job. I have a dream to be a leader. I believe that my communication skill will bring me to a success.

INTRODUCTION 3
Read this dialogue, and practise it with a peer. Then, do the next practice by changing some parts for your personal info.

☻ Hi , what is your name?
☺ My name is Faisal.
☻ Hi Faisal, my name is Dian. Are you new here?
☺ No, I am not new. I just moved to this class.
☻ I see...Do you live near here?
☺ No, I live in Kuningan, Jakarta.
☻ Do you live with your parents?
☺ No, I live with a room mate. We rent a small room while we stay in Jakarta. How about you? Do you live with parents?
☻ Sure. I live in Depok. It is near from here.
☺ What is your hobby?
☻ I like jogging. How about you?
☺ I like working out.
☻ Really? Where do you usually work out?
☺ Not far from my house.

☻ Do you like basketball?
☺ Yes, absolutely.
☻Great. we can do it together, then.
☺Yeah, no doubt for that. Can't wait for the time.
☻Me either. I will text you later. What is your phone number?
☺It is 081234926107. May I have yours, too?
☻yes, it is 085757787888.



Practise the dialogue with a peer and fill this blank for his/her data.
Name                    : ……………………………..
Address               : ……………………………..
Phone Number : ……………………………..
Hobby              : ……………………………..